10 Ways to Increase Your Website Presence
Websites help potential clients find your business; can generate leads and extra income. Your website presence is very important because the better your company’s online presence, the better your overall sales. Here is a list I have created based on my experiences that will help you increase your website presence.
1. User Friendly Site:
Keep the overall format of your website simple and traditional so that it won’t confuse visitors.
- Web surfers have gotten used to the main menu bars being at the top of the page or on the left side of the page. Moving the main menu to a different location is confusing and harder for visitors to find their way around it.
- Pick a specific place for each part of your website and keep it consistent on all pages. Make the content, ads, and maybe some product pictures the only things that change on most pages with the exception of your gallery/portfolio page and your home page.
2. SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
There are a few simple ways that you can help search engines find your site like:
- Use well thought out keywords – the longer and more specific the keyword, the better your chances of getting highly targeted traffic to your site.
- Put your keywords in your title, headers, content, pictures and links.
3. Use Social Media to increase your website presence:
Using social media to promote your website is a great way to let your friends and family know the business side of you better. You can also use social media sites for your business to keep your friends and followers updated with your new products, services, promotions, and can even offer discounts. No matter what you do, give them a reason to follow you or become your facebook friend. Then find a way to keep them coming back.
4. Stay in touch with your visitors.
Yes, it’s great that your potential customer has found your website and that they like it, but how are you going to get them to come back to your site again and again? Why not get their email address so you can send them updates about your products/services, tell them about your sales and new products?
- Give them a free gift (e-book, article, video, discount) for joining your newsletter
- Place your newsletter subscription box on every page of your site for best responses.
5. Have a GREAT PORTFOLIO of your products.
Your finished products are a huge reflection of your business, like children are to parents. Show them off – show the world the great work you do and what the end result looks like. You can take this one step further and showcase different products on each page of your website to give your visitors a feel for your style and products no matter what page they are on.
6. Write a Blog:
Blogs are great ways for you to target your web audience and share your knowledge with the world. The more original information you give your visitors, the more likely they are to come back for more. I know you’re thinking, “but I’m not a writer” and that’s OK! All you have to do is write informational clips about things your target market is interested in as if you are talking to them in person. Here are a few blog topics to get you started:
- How to’s for your target market
- Anything related to your product or services that showcases your knowledge
- Show how your product solved a problem
- Case studies of your products or services
What better way to convince prospect customers to trust you and your services than to show them what your current clients are saying about you? Use testimonials:
- throughout your website
- with your portfolio pieces
- in your media kits
- inside your newsletter / blog
8. Use strong call to actions:
ALWAYS, Always, always use strong call to actions! Don’t assume that your site visitors will know what you want them to do or where to go next. Make it very clear what you want your visitors to do on each and every page. (For example, at the bottom of this post, my call to action is to “Leave me a comment.” You will see that I mentioned it twice trying to get comments.)
Modern technology all seems to revolve around the internet, and that’s great but don’t forget about all the “old school” yet traditional ways to promote your business like:
- Business cards
- Clubs – local and profession oriented
When you finish a job and have a happy client, ASK them if they know of anyone else that could benefit from your services. You’d be surprised at how easy and effective this is.
How well does your website do?
I’ll be happy to review your site for free and give you my recommendations on ways to increase your website presence. Simply post a comment below with your website address and what concerns you have about your website and I’ll review your site for FREE!
Don’t have a website yet? I can help you with your business website.
Leave me your comments:
Did I miss anything? Please feel free to share your thoughts on ways to increase your website presence.